Field day has been rescheduled for Saturday, March 28th at 9AM. The following tasks need to be completed so that practices can begin Monday, March 20th.
A. Shepherdstown fields need the following:
1. U-12 north goal needs 1 anchor.
2. U-8 Girls north goal needs 2 anchors and zip ties for securing the net to the top of the goal.
3. U-8 Girls south goal needs zip ties for securing the net to the side of the goals.
4. U-10 Southeast goal needs 1 anchor.
5. U-10 Northwest goal needs 2 anchors.
We have 5 extra sand bags on the U-14 north goal and 3 extra sand bags on the U-14 south goal that need to be transported to the goals that lack anchors.
The zip ties and trash bags are in a (5) gallon bucket in the shed. The shed needs some cleaning and the trash bags are to be disposed properly in the trash cans near the pavilion.
B. Charles Town fields need the following:
1. Replace 1 net on U-8 Girl north goal and 1 net on U-10 Northwest goal. Nets and zip ties will be provided.
2. Repair net for U-14 South goal and U10 Northeast goal.
3. U-8 Boys south goal needs 3 anchors – in the shed
4. Measuring, marking and painting lines for each field. Paint sprayer and spray paint to be provided.
Volunteers from each division are needed to ensure their fields are prepared on the 30th.
String, trash bags and zip ties are in the shed.
Anyone with experience operating a gas powered paint sprayer is needed. Bring wrenches in case troubleshooting is required.
I will be present early on Saturday at the Charles Town field and I can be available by phone if any volunteers have questions at the Shepherdstown field 571-612-0061.
Those that want to volunteer painting the lines and/or to check on the field conditions can reach me via cell phone 571-612-0061.
Hank Barlow – JCYSL Field Director