Coaches, I see grass (and mud and some snow), so that can only mean soccer season is right around the corner.
1. COACH MEETING: This Thursday February 27th at Harpers Ferry Middle School Auditorium. Takes place from 7p to 8:30p. There will be giveaways galore. Plan to receive a significant amount of information about the upcoming season. If you cannot attend, send someone from your team.
2. COACH TRAINING: Look for a separate email from your Division Director regarding training. There will be U6, U8, and U10 training on the afternoon of March 8th.
3. FIELD DAY: Let your team’s families know that field day is on March 8th beginning at 9a. We will be preparing both field areas (Charles Town and Shepherdstown).
Coaches, it is already that time of year to think about Spring Soccer. Despite the storm that is coming this weekend, we are thinking about March soccer. Let’s hope the weather cooperates.
1. COACH MEETING: February 27, 2014 at Harpers Ferry Middle School from 7p to around 8:30p. Please be prompt. If you cannot make it, send someone from your team. We have a lot of information to share.
2. FIELD DAY: March 8, 2014. More to come on the times and if we are doing both Charles Town and Shepherdstown. We play games in Charles Town this Spring.
All JYCSL fields are closed for the winter.
Check out this Parent Tip: Cheering On Your Child – On and Off the Field: While winning the game is the end-goal of playing sports, it’s far too easy to lose sight of successful Player Development through our trained and certified volunteer coaches. Read more about what the Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) states and watch this video testimonial from former U.S. National Women’s Soccer Team star, Joy Fawcett.
· If you see lightning or hear thunder*, please evacuate the fields and proceed to your car (do not stand at/near metal fencing). (*If you hear thunder, you are actually within striking distance of lightning.) Only resume play 30 minutes after the most recent lightning or thunder. Read More→
LAST CHANCE Yankee Candle Fundraiser DUE! If you missed the fundraiser drop off, you have two “last chances” to turn them in:
· Monday, Charles Town Fields 5-530pm
· Wednesday, Morgan’s Grove Pavilion, 6-630pm
· Yankee Candle delivery is October 20th (week 7) at Morgan Grove Pavilion. Read More→
Yankee Candle Fundraiser DUE! All order packets and money are due THIS SATURDAY September 22 at the Morgan’s Grove pavilion. We’ll accept cash or checks payable to JCYSL. http://www.jcysl.org/category/fundraising/
Color guard presenting the colors at the open day ceremonies.
Did you see all those cool team banners on opening day? DC United’s mascot “Talon” made a brief appearance. The JCYSL board thanks participating families for showing their team spirit and will be awarding prizes on Week 3 after we review the pictures.
- Teams who made a banner but didn’t get their picture taken should contact action shot sponsor Lisa Kaye Photography <firstname.lastname@example.org> to get their picture taken during week 2 games. Read More→
This is our Pre-Season Newletter for the Spring 2012 Season.
With warmer than usual temperatures over the last months, neighborhood soccer is being played…even on the occasional, but expected, snowy days! Our 2012 spring season is coming up, so mark your calendars with some key dates, also found at http://www.jcysl.org/events-calendar/