Coaches, ahhhh, the smell of grass (as opposed to the salt stuck to the side of your car). Soccer is truly beginning this weekend. I think I can promise that (but don’t hold me to it just in case another polar vortex starts forming). A few items to note. Please take the time to read them.
1. WHICH WEEK ARE WE IN?: We are playing Week #2 games on the schedule. Make sure your players and parents understand this. Be clear. This may be the most confusing and difficult beginning to the season that I can remember, so over-communicating won’t hurt here. Week 1 games will be played on June 7.
2. PICTURES: Pictures this week are not taking place. They have been rescheduled for the week of 5/12. Updated schedule to be posted soon on our website.
Coaches, how ’bout that weather we’re having?? Think positive and the white stuff will disappear. Several items to cover with you this first week.
1. TRAINING: Remember that you cannot be on the field with your players unless a) you are an approved volunteer (i.e., volunteer forms are in and processed), b) you have completed Safe Haven training, and c) you have completed age-specific training (required for U6, U8, and U10 – highly recommended for other divisions).
2. PLAYER FORMS: You must have a signed registration form and concussion protocol form for each player on your team. The child cannot play unless you have it in your possession.
Coaches, I see grass (and mud and some snow), so that can only mean soccer season is right around the corner.
1. COACH MEETING: This Thursday February 27th at Harpers Ferry Middle School Auditorium. Takes place from 7p to 8:30p. There will be giveaways galore. Plan to receive a significant amount of information about the upcoming season. If you cannot attend, send someone from your team.
2. COACH TRAINING: Look for a separate email from your Division Director regarding training. There will be U6, U8, and U10 training on the afternoon of March 8th.
3. FIELD DAY: Let your team’s families know that field day is on March 8th beginning at 9a. We will be preparing both field areas (Charles Town and Shepherdstown).
Coaches, it is already that time of year to think about Spring Soccer. Despite the storm that is coming this weekend, we are thinking about March soccer. Let’s hope the weather cooperates.
1. COACH MEETING: February 27, 2014 at Harpers Ferry Middle School from 7p to around 8:30p. Please be prompt. If you cannot make it, send someone from your team. We have a lot of information to share.
2. FIELD DAY: March 8, 2014. More to come on the times and if we are doing both Charles Town and Shepherdstown. We play games in Charles Town this Spring.