Our season ended with an early snow, reminding us early that winter and holidays are coming! In preparation for the holidays, JCYSL board members and our players and their families have several items on our collective WISH list:
- Fall only players who enjoyed their season, WISHED to add the Spring season at a lower cost. Some of you may ask, “What does the board do in between seasons?” During our monthly meeting (we meet every month), we approved a reduced cost for fall-only players wanting to return. Inquire with our registrar: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Games this spring will be in Charles Town. We have many WISHES for our Charles Town fields, but our top two now are:
- More grass/less open dirt on the field – we are considering reconfiguring fields
- A donation of gravel to smooth out our Jefferson Ave entrance and exit.
- Thank you for your support of the Spirit Cup fundraiser. We raised almost $4,000 towards our goal of $100,000.
- We WISH that local businesses support our nearly 1,000 Jefferson County youth with a tax-deductible donation. We’ll be sending out letters to ask for their help, but donations are welcomed any time (see non-profit Federal tax ID up above).
- We WISH that a volunteer would step forward to be our fundraising coordinator – please contact a board member at: http://www.jcysl.org/regionalcontacts/contactus/
Our mission is to develop and deliver quality youth soccer programs which promote a fun, family environment based on Six Philosophies: Everyone Plays®, Balanced Teams, Open Registration, Positive Coaching, Good Sportsmanship, and Player Development.