Coaches, for those of you who made it to the coach meeting Tuesday, thanks for coming. Hope you are enjoying the $1.3M in prizes we gave away. For those who didn’t make it, oh well. Season is almost here, so more reminders.
1. FIELD DAY: March 24 at Charles Town fields from 9a until done. Bring rake, work gloves, hammer, scissors, etc. We will line the fields, clean them up, put on nets, secure the goals, etc. Try to get 1 family from your team to come and it will go fast.
2. TRAINING: U6 and U8 training will take place at the CT fields on March 24 from 8a to 10:30a. U10 Skills and Drills (not a training that will get you certified for U10, but will give you enough to survive the season) is 10:30a ~ 11:30a. All U10 coaches are invited, even if you have been trained already.
3. COACH SHIRTS: For those head coaches who do not yet have a coach shirt AND if you did not give Kim Fortney your size at the coach meeting, please send your size information to her by Saturday 5pm (tell her your name, division, and gender of the team). Her email is: email@example.com.
4. TEAM PARENT: You were given a lot of material last night. Find someone to manage all of the fundraising duties for you. Not your spouse, but some other parent. Delegate, delegate, delegate. We want you to be a soccer coach, not an administrative assistant. Saying “I love coaching your kids, but I need help” will bring helpers to you.
5. PRACTICES: A. Your practice time is the same as the fall unless you changed it at the coach meeting or have changed it via email with your Division Director. B. Start on Monday, IF AND ONLY IF, we succeed on Field Day (see 1. Above). Wait for an email or a text message that indicates fields are open for play.
6. CALL YOUR PLAYERS NOW: The sooner you call them, the better they can plan to make your 1st practice. With the 1st game on the 31st, you want them there as much as you can. Also, if someone tells you they are not coming back, have them email you immediately, then forward that to your division director (they can also email the league Registrar directly through the website). We’ll open up the slot for you only once we get written confirmation from the parents.
I am looking forward to a great season. Hope you are too!
David P. Simmons
Harpers Ferry, WV