Coaches, we are almost to opening day. Hopefully your paperwork is in and you can get on the fields (or have already been on the fields). Thanks for jumping through the hoops. It makes for a better and safer overall program. Some things to think about.
- ASK FOR HELP. Parents should be helping you with the fundraiser, snack schedule, uniform handout, etc.
- ASK FOR HELP. The coach on the other side of the field may have some good drills. Steal them, it’s allowed. Talk to him/her too.
- FUNDRAISING I. Please remember that on opening day, September 10th from 11a to 4p, we will get 15% of proceeds from Chik-Fil-A in Ranson (across from Home Depot). Your families will need to pick up a piece of paper at the fields that the cashier will take to get us credit.
- FUNDRAISING II. Please remember to hand out your “Spirit Cup” forms and encourage your families to sell them (except Yankee cups, I hear they leak). Highest sales on the team gets to take the first penalty kick???? Please find someone on your team to be the “fundraising cheerleader” for the year. Let’s raise the money quickly and go back to cookie dough.
- USE YOUR MANUALS. If you went to training, you have a manual with great drill ideas. Try them, they are fun AND instructive.
- LINEUP CARDS. We did not discuss this at coach meeting (my fault). You need to have a white lineup card each game. Player names and numbers are listed and you indicate which kids sit out during which quarter. If you did not pick any up, they will be at a table in the middle of the field. Look for a large red tub and they will be in there somewhere. Only take a few, as we will be ordering more as the season progresses.
- PAPERWORK. Make sure you are “legal” on the field. Volunteer forms and safe haven must be in. U6 and U8 must have training completed.
Enjoy. It’s a fun game to play and watch.
David P. Simmons
JCYSL Coach Administrator