Coaches, hope all is well. Sorry this is so late (I’m on travel this week). Some information below.
- PICTURE SCHEDULE: The picture schedule is on the website under “Latest News”. Please take a moment to look at when your team is scheduled and communicate that with parents.
- COOKIES: Encourage the kids to sell those cookies. The more we fundraise, the flatter the fields will become. They are due APRIL 28TH.
- CANCELLATION OF GAMES: Please do not cancel games. Any kids who show up can play some form of game. We should try to create a game day experience with the numbers we have. Also, if the weather is questionable the game is on until cancelled by the board. Encourage families to sign up for weather alerts on our website.
- COACH SHIRTS: Should be in this week. Look for someone peddling them at the fields on Saturday.
- REGISTRATION: Encourage your parents to make the first two registrations (lowest fees on these days) – Tuesday May 7th and Thursday May 24th at Harpers Ferry Family Medicine (website has details). Our registration is different this year in that players signing up after the final registration (June 14) will be on a wait list and will only be allowed to play if we find enough coaches within that pool of players.
- PARENT VOLUNTEERS: Please ENCOURAGE YOUR PARENTS to consider becoming a coach, referee, fundraiser, or line painter next year. You have stepped up to take on probably the most important job in our league, so share your experience with them to eliminate the fear of “jumping in”. We had 99 teams this spring, so it takes a lot of people to make this league run.
- SKILL DEVELOPMENT: Pick a skill and find a drill in the coach manual. Try it and develop that skill in the kids. Be persistent about it.
QUOTE TO COACH BY (from George Kuntz, AYSO Player Development Technical Advisor): Kids can pick up things really quickly. Instead of holding kids back saying they can’t — encourage them. If they struggle, you can always scale it back to a simpler form.
As always, we thank you for stepping up to give the kids a fun and meaningful soccer experience.
David P. Simmons
JCYSL Coach Administrator