Coaches, I will do my best to make sure the weather from this past weekend repeats itself for the next 6 weeks. Hope you enjoyed game day as I thought it was fantastic. A few notes.
THE MYSTERY OF THE MISSING PINNIES: I don’t know what happened, but suddenly we only have one color of pinnies (orange) in the big red coaches tub. Please return any pinnies you have used so we can distinguish borrowed players from their original team. In U16 in particular, there is a lot of borrowing going on and we need those pinnies.
- FUNDRAISER: Candle orders due this Saturday.
- INCREDIBLY HELPFUL COACH SIGHTING: Coach Sandi Wilcox in U6 helped clear the field during the thunder of Week 1. Thank you Sandi for doing that. Another reminder that we all have a responsibility for not only our players, but everyone.
- PLAYER HURT ON THE FIELD: When one of your players is hurt on the field, the first person on the scene is the referee. The referee will assess the situation and then call you on the field if needed. Don’t come on the field if you are not asked to do so by the referee. Although you will feel a strong urge to get out there, remember that the referee is trained to handle the situation and is as concerned about the safety of the kids as you are.
- ADVANTAGE: A foul may occur during play but the referee doesn’t stop the play. What’s up with that? Well, it’s a judgment call by the referee. If the team that was fouled has an advantage with the ball after the foul, play continues on. Don’t be outraged, be happy the play continued to your team’s advantage.
- LINEUP CARDS: Remember to put player numbers on the cards AND to place completed cards in the clear tub at the referees table.
- UNIFORMS AND COACH SHIRTS: Looks another order is in and will be distributed at the Charles Town fields on this Friday from 5p to 6p on the U12 field.
U6 Coaches, look for a separate email about your junior facilitators.
Enjoy the week.
David P. Simmons
Harpers Ferry, WV