Coaches, thank you for stepping up to coach our young soccer players this year. As always, we hope it will be a great year for you and your players. I am the JCYSL Coach Administrator and will send out an email with important information each week. Take the time to read these as they are designed to answer common questions that new and seasoned coaches have had over the years.
1. BECOMING A FULL-FLEDGED COACH: There is a 3-step process you must complete to become a coach – 1. Send in 2 signed volunteer forms; 2. Complete Safe Haven training (if you’ve done it once, you do not need to do it again); 3. Complete age-specific training (mandatory for U6, U8, and U10). Always know where you are in that process. Ask your Division Director if you are unsure.
2. COMMUNICATION: Your first line of communication is through your Division (i.e., U6 or U8 or U10, etc.) Director. Make sure you have his/her contact information. Also, please check your email regularly as that is the most efficient way for us to communicate with you.
3. COACHES MEETING: Wednesday – August 15 7:15p to 9p (hopefully it will end sooner) at Harpers Ferry Middle School Auditorium. You will be given your roster, uniforms, and other key information at this meeting. If you are unable to attend, please send someone in your place if possible.
4. COACH CLINIC: There will be a coaches clinic just before the Coaches Meeting on the field behind the school that will be put on by the AYSO Camp Counselors.
5. COACH TRAINING: All at Harpers Ferry Middle School (trailers in back)on August 18 – U6/U8 from 9a to 12p; U12 from 8:30a to 2:30p; U10 field portion from 11:30a to 2:30p (with U12 group). Contact your Division Director to determine if you need this training. If you attended our training on July 28th, you will not need to attend these trainings.
David P. Simmons
JCYSL Coach Administrator
Harpers Ferry, WV