Did you see all those cool team banners on opening day? DC United’s mascot “Talon” made a brief appearance. The JCYSL board thanks participating families for showing their team spirit and will be awarding prizes on Week 3 after we review the pictures.
- Teams who made a banner but didn’t get their picture taken should contact action shot sponsor Lisa Kaye Photography <firstname.lastname@example.org> to get their picture taken during week 2 games.
- Teams can get their BANNER pictures added to their Shutterfly TeamSite by adding Lisa Kaye Photography <email@example.com> to their site.
- JCYSL would also like to thank our vendors: Brown’s Tire (free soccer balls still available at their store), Lisa Kaye Photography, Trophies ‘R Us, and DC United.
- Keep your player costs down with….Yankee Candle Fundraisers – start selling now, sellers will turn in fundraiser packets on Week 3, September 22 at the Morgan’s Grove pavilion. (Love those scratch & sniff catalogs!)
- For teams that practice in Shepherdstown: please do not park near the pavilion on these week days: September 14, 17, 26 and October 3rd. Parks and Recreation, is hosting events during these days and will be posting No Parking and Rental signs, so please park in the lower lot.
- TOURNAMENT! We are still seeking additional volunteers for our November 3rd Potomac Cup Tournament. Please contact Steve at firstname.lastname@example.org before September 16.
- Safety Notes:
- Lightning/Thunder Policy: If you see lightning or hear thunder, please evacuate the fields and proceed to your car (do not stand at/near metal fencing). Only resume play 30 minutes after the most recent lightning or thunder.
- Games are only officially cancelled by board members due to the actual field conditions. Stay up to date by signing up for alerts at: JCYSL Alert Subscription.
- No hanging from any goals OR nets. Several of our goals needed repairs which is an extra cost for our non-profit league.
- Bring water to practices and games.
- No earrings – no exceptions.
- Please remove any trash you or your team brings in.
- No pets on the fields, even if they are cute.
- No smoking in sight of the playing field.
Our mission is to develop and deliver quality youth soccer programs which promote a fun, family environment based on Six Philosophies: Everyone Plays®, Balanced Teams, Open Registration, Positive Coaching, Good Sportsmanship, and Player Development. JCYSL is a member of the Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce.