Check out this Parent Tip: Cheering On Your Child – On and Off the Field: While winning the game is the end-goal of playing sports, it’s far too easy to lose sight of successful Player Development through our trained and certified volunteer coaches. Read more about what the Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) states and watch this video testimonial from former U.S. National Women’s Soccer Team star, Joy Fawcett.
· If you see lightning or hear thunder*, please evacuate the fields and proceed to your car (do not stand at/near metal fencing). (*If you hear thunder, you are actually within striking distance of lightning.) Only resume play 30 minutes after the most recent lightning or thunder.
· Free Concussion Training for all registered volunteers! (This is helpful!) www.AYSOTraining.org now features the CDC’s Concussion Awareness Training module. Upon completion of this course, your certification will automatically be updated in eAYSO. (If you are not yet a volunteer, apply at www.eayso.org and use your AYSO ID to enter the AYSOTraining.org site.)
· Action Photos are coming! Our sponsor of the opening day banner photos, Lisa Kaye Photography, has been and will continue to be out on the fields taking several action photos of every child and will be selling them at the fields in the coming weeks.
· Brown’s Tire & Auto still has FREE SOCCER BALLS available and is only 1 mile from Morgan’s Grove Park (out on Route 45).
· Yankee Candle delivery is October 20th (week 7) at Morgan Grove Pavilion, and orders should be picked up by EACH INDIVIDUAL SELLER (whose name appears at the TOP of each order form).
· JCYSL and DC United’s Youth Soccer Night is October 20th vs. Columbus Crew – for more information contact (former AYSO player) Mikael Tigrett at email@example.com (202) 587-5469. One team has already been selected to “Play on the Pitch” and several families are already going and we’d like to have a volunteer step forward to coordinate a bus (or two) to make it easier for the entire group to go (and not have to worry about gas, tolls, parking fees, yet another commute, etc). Please contact AYSORegion322JCYSLRogerSnook@comcast.net if you’re interested in coordinating transportation.
· While there is sufficient parking at Morgan’s Grove between the lower lot by the train tracks and the upper grassy area by the big U16 field, we ask for SAFETY FIRST: all drivers should SLOW DOWN (even while APPROACHING the fields) and to park in an ORDERLY manner. The lower lot allows for nearest to the fence/field parking and a double row of cars in the middle – please – no triple parking.
· For teams that practice in Shepherdstown: please do not park near the pavilion on October 3rd. Parks and Recreation, is hosting an event during these days and will be posting No Parking and Rental signs, so please park in the lower lot.
· Have you been to our Facebook page for updates? www.facebook.com/jcysl
* Jefferson High School Spirit Night – Wear your AYSO Uniform and get in FREE!
Date: Thursday, October 4, 2012, Time: 5:30 JV – 7:00 Varsity, Game: Jefferson vs. Musselman
o Safety Notes:
· Bring water to practices and games!
· Lightning/Thunder Policy: If you see lightning or hear thunder, please evacuate the fields and proceed to your car (do not stand at/near metal fencing). Only resume play 30 minutes after the most recent lightning or thunder.
· Games are only officially cancelled by board members due to the actual field conditions. Stay up to date by signing up for alerts at: JCYSL Alert Subscription.
· No hanging from any goals OR nets. Several of our goals needed repairs which is an extra cost for our non-profit league.
· No earrings – no exceptions.
· Please remove any trash you or your team brings in.
· No pets on the fields, even if they are cute.
· No smoking in sight of the playing field.
Our mission is to develop and deliver quality youth soccer programs which promote a fun, family environment based on Six Philosophies: Everyone Plays®, Balanced Teams, Open Registration, Positive Coaching, Good Sportsmanship, and Player Development. JCYSL is a member of the Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce.